We strive to ensure our team have the right education regarding sustainability, every team member is encouraged to be just as passionate about our sustainable practises as they are about excellent customer service!
Whether it’s through joining our Green Team, helping in our gardens or simply learning the importance of environmental consideration, all of our team members are actively encouraged to ‘Go Green’!
Members of our Green Team arrange regular litter pick sessions around the grounds of the hotel to collect waste and dispose of it correctly in our divided rubbish bins. These litter picks are undertaken by volunteer members of staff who give up their free time to help ensure the grounds and gardens of the hotel remain clean and litter free.
We encourage team members where possible to share car journeys to and from work to limit the need for excessive use of vehicles. In the last 12 months we have also increased the bike storage options at the hotel to allow more of our team members to ride to work from the local area, further limiting the need for car journeys.
At The White House Inn we are committed to working in a sustainable way.
We invite you to be a responsible visitor – seven things you can do to help save the planet!
- Conserve energy – reduce energy by limiting the use of the lights and heating in your bedroom.
- Give the car a rest! Why not leave your car behind during your stay. If you are planning to go exploring the surrounding areas, we can supply walking routes and public transport information.
- Shop local – use local products, they will give you a flavour of Whitby and surrounding areas and please help support local communities.
- Reduce, Reuse, Recycle – try to avoid overly packaged goods and say no to that extra carrier bag.
- Be Water Wise – please use water wisely. Example: Why not turn off the water when brushing your teeth. Also why not try to comply with our reuse towel policy!
- Respect nature – help us look after our beautiful landscape and natural wildlife that we enjoy in the North York Moors National Park. We have lots of wildlife that call this beautiful area home including hedgehogs, rabbits, numerous species of birds and insects etc… Please respect their privacy and keep your distance.
- Support Green Tourism Businesses – see www.green-business.co.uk
And most importantly have a great time when you are here!